-----~----Home----~----Profile----~----Contact----~----For Sale----~----My Moves----~

The Fleadh Kicks Off

Sunday 3rd May
Posted by Picasa
The Fleadh got off to a sunny start yesterday at Malahide with light wind. The lack of wind didn't stop people turning up and getting on the water. For myself and a few others it was a day for tricking around with light wind freestyle. I recently got a bigger board and have become addicted to sail throw tricks and combos. I borrowed the picture above from Pearse Geaney at Bigsurf.ie. Thanks Pearse. There was also plenty of people out on S.U.Ps giving it paddle. Denise worked very hard to make sure no one went hungry with her barbecued quarter pounders. Yum! All donations will go to CARI who help children who have experienced sexual abuse. Alan and the Surfdock crew were very busy as ever getting people on the water and providing kit for testing. Oisin and the red bull girls provided wings! Great day over all.

Today was the same but bigger and better. More people, More wind, More crack and emm, more burgers. No wonder I couldn't get planning! I had a go at my first race. Didn't have a clue where I was going. Unfortunately I had plenty of people in front to show me the way. I also had a go at the speed event and clocked 26.6knots. Not bad for my first attempt. Well done to Steve who clocked the best speed of the day. Over 33 knots. He also does a mean rail ride but not at 33 knots! Looking forward to day three.

See ya there,

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment