-----~----Home----~----Profile----~----Contact----~----For Sale----~----My Moves----~

Shove-its and Slam Gybes

It’s great to have a week of wind at last. I had some fun on Monday and Wednesday trying to learn ‘Shove-its’ on the estuary. I managed to kick the tail out a couple of times. Most of the time I didn’t even leave the water and took a dip. One attempt on Monday I over rotated the tail and landed clew first switch stance. I managed to flip the sail and continue the other direction.
As a bonas from trying Shove-its I also figured out how to slam gybe when overpowered. I hope this will come in handy in waves. The downside to the week is that I tweaked my back a bit from all the twisting so today I gave it a rest.

Here is Ricardo showing how it should be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment