-----~----Home----~----Profile----~----Contact----~----For Sale----~----My Moves----~

Nailed my first Boomerang Gybe

I went out for a quick sail this evening at kilcrea and completed my first boomerang gybe. I had no plans on trying this move until i let the sail slip on a planing gybe and it hung in the air for a moment. This gave me the idea to try a proper boomerang gybe. After four attempts i nailed one. The trick seems to be to carve fast downwind, throw the sail forward with a little more strength in the back hand. Keep carving with your weight kept forward and over the inside rail. If all is going well the sail will swing around and come back up to you. Cool!

(This is the only pic I could find on the net for a Boomerang gybe)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.guycribb.com/userfiles/documents/boomerang.pdf

Post a Comment