-----~----Home----~----Profile----~----Contact----~----For Sale----~----My Moves----~

Learn To Vulcan In Your Shed! (video)


I decided to try and learn vulcans last year but found it very hard to take the first step. Jumping at full speed and trying to land going backwards was just not on the list as far as my survival instincts were concerned. So I came up with the idea of a training device that would allow me to gain some muscle memory and get a feel for the move.

I made the board first and based the measurements for footstraps and Mast track on my JP freestyle 100L board. I wanted to keep the board as light as possible so I could pop it off the ground. The rig consists of an old mast cut down, a short boom and rope to keep it all in position.
To simulate wind I used exercise bungies attached to the boom extending to the wall of my shed.

My first attempts worked but I needed something better than solid ground to simulate pop. An old mattress was the answer and also added an element of balance and movement under foot.
It all looks a bit mad but it works!
I have now started landing vulcans and hope to be trying spocks soon. Hmm how will I get the board to spin? Maybe an old washing machine will come in handy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done Andy !

Looking forward to the next post.

Post a Comment